Friday, March 9, 2012

Out of my elements = Bigger challenge!

It's been very busy for me recently. I'm also out of my elements. I'm vacationing back home in the states. Strict low GL has been out the door for me, but I have been watching what I'm eating. I'm also doing yoga while I'm on vacation.

Dieting while being at somewhere else or someone else's kitchen is not easy. I have tried to find low GL things, but it's not the same here as everything has become so foreign to me. I did visit a health food store the other day (finally), but I must admit I wasn't impressed at all. My local grocery store back home in Sweden has much more raw low GL foods. The health food store here had a bunch of premade processed so called health junk. I couldn't find unhulled or hulled barley, they carried pearled. They didn't carry buckwheat, and the prices weren't cheaper than Sweden.

I unfortunately have gained a couple of pounds, but I was suffering from jetlag, lack of sleep, totm, and eating naughties. So I hope those pounds will go away soon enough. Being on vacation is horrible for the diet even if I watch what I eat >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment