Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Food Log (13 December 2011) & Pepparkakor

Ohhh how the holidays are here now. Today I went to my cousin-inlaw's for a lesson on how to make Swedish pepparkakor, aka: ginger biscuits (snaps). It was my first time ever making them, she was shocked that I've never done this before. They were very fun to make, and the outcome was very delicious. Though her cookies came out much prettier, while mine came out with arms, legs and heads being ripped or misshaped. I stuck to the mini cookie cutters with easier designs, such as a pig, heart, bell, tree, and a few goats. The woman and man designs were difficult for me.

I felt very much like a child today with trying to roll out the dough super thin and properly without ripping it everytime I rolled it out. But it was very fun, and hopefully it will be something I can do together with my kids oneday .

They sent me home with all the pepparkakor we made today. Now I'm trying to resist eating them all as they're so wonderfully delicious. They taste 1000x better than the store bought ones. Darn you holidays!

I ate lunch at her house today. She made some yummy Swedish style enchiladas. Very interesting and yummy.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with raspberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: a cup of tea and two mini ginger biscuits (snaps).

Lunch: 2 Swedish versions of tortilla chicken enchilada, with tomatoes and cucumber

Snack: a ginger biscuit (snap), half a glass of julmust.

Dinner: Pork, tomato salad, with oat/barley/basmati rice mix.

Snack: 3 Ginger buiscuits (snaps).

No comments:

Post a Comment