Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good for eyelashes!?!

Ok, so this post has nothing to do with dieting, losing weight or yoga.  Today I was talking to my mom on the phone and she mentioned she'd seen a video on youtube about using petroleum jelly or olive oil on your eyelashes to help them grow.  The reason why she mentioned it to me was because she noticed last time she saw me that I lost a remarkable amount of eyelashes compared to just a couple of years ago.  I used to always have really full and thick eyelashes.  My Japanese grandmother used to think I wore falsies all the time.   

Sure I'm getting older, and the eyelashes aren't growing as fast as they used to and I noticed a few spots that are thin.  Last year I tried out Max Factor's Masterpiece High Definition Masacara Waterproof Black and it was really horrible.  It just didn't work well with my eyelashes, it felt like I was putting on black thick goo with an awfully designed rubber spiked so called brush.  It would straighten out my curled lashes and when I washed it off (even with eye makeup oil), it'd yank out lashes.  So I ended up with a few bald spots.  Thankfully my eyelashes are in better shape now, but it's never quite recovered.

The only reason why I bought that mascara was because I ran out of Shu Uemura's Basic Black Mascara, my ultimate favorite.  So I had to run to the local place here that sells mascara, and the sales lady recommended that Max Factor one for my type of eyelashes.  Shu Uemura stopped making Basic Black Mascara, and now they made a new Ultimate Natural Mascara to replace it.  I'm still using the last tube of Basic Black so I don't know how the new Ultimate Natural will be yet. 

Anyways, I'm thinking of trying the jelly on the eyelashes thing, to see if it helps out a bit.  I get really dry skin out here, have issues with eczema when I'm here in Sweden.  But as soon as I go home to Japan it goes away within a week.  So I'm constantly using this super heavy duty Swedish cream called Idomin salva on my dry skin spots, I guess I can just rub them on my eyelashes too.

I'll have to do an update later on to see if I notice my eyelashes are growing better or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment