Thursday, December 8, 2011

Multilingual....ummm, wait what was that word again!?!

I've lived away from Japan too long, I totally had a brainfart.  I was on the phone talking to a friend and  I couldn't remember the word dinner (yuuhan) in Japanese.  Simple everyday words that I know, but just sometimes I can't think of the word. 

This doesn't only happen with my Japanese, but I get brainfarts in English now too.  It's even more embarrassing when it happens in English, since I still use English on a daily basis.  Though the type of English I use here versus what I used back home is completely different.

I really have to watch myself from using a mix of Japanese, English and Swedish, since that seems to be what my brain thinks in these days.  I blame Sweden for my language brainfarts >_<   Any other multilingual people out there having the same problem???

No comments:

Post a Comment