Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Food Log (8 February 2012)

Today I decided to make myself some homemade Japanese teas. They're called sobacha (buckwheat tea) and mugicha (barley tea). In Japan you usually get sobacha when you're at a soba restaurant. Mugicha is something we usually drink cold during summer. Though at Korean restaurants they serve it hot during winter.

It's been a long time since I drank these teas, and I actually miss them. I just roasted some barley for the mugicha, and roasted some buckwheat for the sobacha. I think tomorrow or the next day I'll try out the sobacha.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with blackberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and milk.

Lunch: Grilled ham, cheese, tomato, and mushroom sandwich; made from 2 rye slices.

Snack: clementine, 1 piece of dark chocolate, with homemade mugichi (barley tea).

Dinner: 2 slices of rye bread, one with peanut butter and jam, and the other with reindeer cheese. Also a clementine.

Exercise: Pushups, crunches, and 30 minutes of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment