Friday, November 18, 2011

Twentieth Weekly Weight Update!

Last week I learned a very important lesson.  I knew better but the old myth about you only loose weight if you starve yourself sort of messed me up with my overcompensating.  Also you hear it from friends and family that you'll only loose weight if you starve yourself, which is total BS when it comes to low GL foods.  Yes we consume less calories but we aren't hungry, and shouldn't go hungry because then your body's blood sugar level is unstable which causes you to not loose weight.  Not only did starving myself not work last week, it gave me a gain.  So talk about totally undoing what I've been working hard to do which is loose weight.  Also it makes me want to kick myself in the rear end for being so hungry just for a gain.  What a total waste of a week it was for me last week.  I've learned something very important from low GL and yoga, and that is to keep looking forward and focus on the positive things.  So bye bye last week, hello this week and next week (^.^).     

With low GL foods, I don't have to starve myself to loose weight.  If there's a day or two that I eat really high GL foods, the next day I should just keep on truckin' like all the normal low GL days.  There's also the lovely 80/20 rule which actually works.  If 80% of the time you eat low GL and well, then there's 20% you can have a little fun with.  The whole thing about low GL; nothing is banned or evil, it's all about moderation.    

As you can see from my food logs, that this week I've had crisps and chocolate covered wheatpuffs almost daily.  Sure I ate them, yes they were good and I don't feel guilty at all, but I ate them in moderation.  Instead of having say 4 handfuls or something, I only had 1 handful.  It's enough to enjoy the taste and texture and get it out my system.  The cold weather brings out the bear in me, I've decided to not resist the cravings that winter brings.  Instead I will work with it, and give myself a pat on the back for not pigging out on all the winter fattening yummies.  One handful or slice is much better than the good ol' eat what you want.  A sip or three sips of Julmust (almost like a Christmas rootbeer), is much better than a whole glass of it.

This week I didn't starve myself.  For example:  Last night I wasn't able to eat all my food on my dinner plate.  I was full and didn't want to eat anymore.  I didn't go to bed starving either.  I did get a little hungry and took a piece of dark chocolate last night.  But the great news was the results of the scale this morning. 


Here's the 20th weekly weight update:


-1.4 lbs (-.636kg)


Total amount since started: -20.8 lbs (-9.45kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment