Saturday, September 10, 2011

Food Log (10 September 2011)

The joys of sleeping in on a weekend. I had my alarm set for 08:00, but we didn't wake up until almost 10:00. Didn't have time to do yoga or walk since we had to get ready to leave to the town market/fair thing. Don't really know what to call it in English, but it's called a Marknad here.

Marknads are evil things I tell you. All sorts of handmade yummy things everywhere. Also only time you can get them is when Marknad comes to town. We went there to get my OH's favorite nougats, to me they're just flavoured sugarcubes since they're so sweet We picked up a kilo of his nougats, picked up some wild boar sausage, elk(moose) sausage, reindeer sausage and beer sausage. Also before we left my guy had to get a thing of Swiss almonds. Basically candied almonds, freshly roasted, and it's so good. I ate a good handful of them. Thank goodness it only comes to town once a year, or else imagine how big everyone in town's waistline would get.

I turned down pizza tonight. Yippie! I thought my guy was going to make dinner, and my guy thought I was going to make dinner. So I knew he was talking about me making homemade mac and cheese since I bought some shredded chedder cheese, ala Amercian style. The other day at the store we found cappelli pasta made from 55% whole grain spelt flour and 45% durum, it was one of those high fiber pastas. I made a baked mac and cheese(cappelli and cheese), and it was a success. It's really nice finding new ways to make our normal favorites into low GI favorites

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, blackberries, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, milk and agave syrup.

Snack: At Marknad: Good handful of candied almonds, a slice of each of the sausages.

Lunch: GI burger: All beef patty, with spinach and pickles, with condiments, and quinoa, barley, oats and basmati rice mix.

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and peeled apple. A deciliter of soy milk.

Dinner: 3/4 spanish style beef chorizo sausage, spinach with lots of lemon juice, and baked mac and cheese.

Snack: 2 pieces of dark chocolate. 3 candied almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment