Monday, September 5, 2011

Food Log (5 September 2011)

Rain, rain, and more rain. It's been non-stop raining today, so I wasn't able to get my walk done. I did do some yoga, though I struggled on some of the poses, thanks to my bruised rear and legs. I'm still sore from the fall, and was only able to do 40 minutes On a good note I removed wallpaper for two hours, at least my arms aren't bruised or sore

Tonight, I watched my dinner portion size. I felt like I could have had less, but of course I could have had a lot more. I've made it a goal to watch the dinner portion sizes from now on. All day long my portion sizes are good, but dinner I tend to eat more than I should for losing weight. It's ok for maintaining but not good for losing weight.

I wanted Chinese food today, so I decided to make a low GL version. Chopped up lots of garlic and onion, lots of broccoli and some chicken breast meat cooked in soy sauce, black pepper, oyster sauce, and a little splash of sugar (Just for a hint of sweetness). Instead of rice or a low GL mixture, I decided to experiment and try something new. I took half red lentils and half quinoa, added some soy sauce to the water before boiling. This way the soy sauce gets cooked into the mixture for a hint of taste. I got the idea from Japanese flavored rices where you cook ingredients and seasoning when boiling the rice. It was a success my OH liked it a lot.

Breakfast: Oat porridge with fiber, raspberries, cinnamon, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, soy milk and agave syrup.

Snack: 1 piece of dark chocolate

Lunch: slice of rye bread with seeds topped with peanut butter and jam

Snack: Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and a peeled apple

Dinner: Chicken and broccoli stir fry with red lentil and quinoa mix

Exercise: pushups, crunches, and 40 minutes of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment