Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tenth Weekly Weight Update!

This past week was an interesting week.  I was counting calories on MFP (MyFitnessPal), and according to the site you're supposed to eat back the calories you burn.  Sounds really easy, but I wasn't sure if it was accurately counting my calories burned, or if I was putting in all the calories in correctly.  A lot of times I wasn't able to eat all the calories back.  Eating low GL foods keep you full longer with less calories.  I felt it was too confusing and a huge hassle with the whole counting calories thing.  I have to admit it was very interesting to weigh everything and see how much calories it had.

I stopped counting calories over the weekend, since I actually gained weight trying to eat all the calories back.  I didn't enjoy the weight gain.  It's much easier without having to deal with counting calories.  Just eat low GI and GL foods and it pretty much does the trick.  A major no-no I have been doing recently is eating too much during dinner, and at times past 20:00.  My portions during the entire day is great, but when it comes to dinner I started to eat more.  I know by the end of the day I'd try to eat back my calories and so I'd eat a big dinner.  Eating that much for dinner is prefectly fine if I want to maintain my weight, but it's not fine for losing weight.

The past couple of nights I've been watching my dinner portions, making sure I eat till about maybe 65%-70% full, instead of going for 75%-80% full.  Amazingly I lost the weight that I gained during the week, and then some.  Every body works differently.  But I have to admit portion control has a lot to do with trying to lose weight even if you're not eating a lot and working out a lot.    


Here's the 10th weekly weight update:


-1.2 lbs (-.54kg)


Total amount since started: -12.0  lbs (-5.45kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment