Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Food Log (5 October 2011)

I went to the library today to return some yoga books I borrowed, and I found some interesting books there. So I ended up borrowing them. They're all Swedish books naturally One is Matsmart (Food smart), knowing where your food comes where, how it's grown or raised here in Sweden, and also how other countries like USA and Germany raise theirs. It talks about how nowadays food is much more important than how much it costs and the volume you get for that price. So it will be an interesting read as it does go along with the low GI/GL diet mentality The other book I borrowed is about Power Yoga, thought it'd be good to read about the harder poses

I picked up some dark chocolate as they were on sale still, and wanted to horde them away. I also needed some creme fraiche for my borscht, but thank goodness I stopped to look at the labels. The creme fraiche has about 330ish calories per 100g. There was the light version, but it has starch etc in it to make it firm, so I took a pass on that. Luckly we have gräddfil here, I think it's the equivalent to American sour cream, and that has about half the amount of calories as the creme fraiche did, and it's made with cream that's soured, so is creme fraiche but gräddfil uses less fat so it's a lot less firm.

Breakfast: Oat porridge, strawberries, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, agave syrup and soy milk.

Lunch: 1 slice rye bread with peanut butter and jam.

Snack: a peeled apple

Dinner: Borscht with a slice of rye bread with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment