Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fifth Weekly Weight Update!

It's been five days since I started eating the GI (Glycemic Index) way.  Major change in what I eat compared to doing LCHF.  I feel much better eating GI diet, because it fits my lifestyle and needs much better.  I'm able to eat a lot of vegetables, and enjoy fruit everyday.  My sugar/sweet cravings don't exist, I think it's because I'm allowed to eat fruits.  I imagined as soon I got some carbs in me I'd crave sweets and junk food.  But that didn't happen, and I'm quite happy that I don't feel tired, hungry or ill. 

According to Rick Gallop's GI Diet page's FAQs ,  there is a question about the difference betweek GI diet and Atkins (Low Carb) diets, and can someone switch from low carb to GI diet without gaining weight.  It said that for the first week or two that the weight can go up and down until the body adjusts. 
So guess what happened to me...   I gained weight everyday until Sunday, 31 July 2011, where it stayed the same weight for two days.  I gained +3 lbs (1.36kg) in four days.  Thankfully, yesterday and today I saw a small amount of weightloss.  I'm hoping that my body has finally adjusted to consuming more carbs than just 20g a day.  I'm still consuming much less carbs than I used to.  They're just much better carbs now.  This week's weigh in is a sad and happy one.  Sad because I gained weight, but happy because I lost a little of that gained weight.

Here is the fifth weekly weight update:

+2.4 lbs (+1.09kg)

Total amount since started: -6.8 lbs (-3.09kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment