Monday, August 1, 2011

First temptation on GI diet

Taken from my minimins diary, it was originally posted on July 30, 2011.

Today I had my first big challenge with GI. I went to a baptisim and dinner afterwards. I took a small insulated bag with white beans on ice with me. It's Sweden and we love our mayo, butter, and super mayonaised potato salads. Thank goodness I brought my white beans with me, I was able to eat it with the mixed veggie salad, cold cuts, and fresh fruits.

Then it was dessert time. I failed miserably, sort of. Well my sister inlaw makes some really wonderful desserts, they're like my cryptonite. This time she made 3 different types of cakes, a strawberry and vanilla homemade ice cream cake, a kladdkaka(swedish gooey type brownie) with white truffles and mixed nuts topping, and the last one was a mandel meringue with butter cream. I took an itsy bitsy small piece of each cake. They were very good, but I wasn't able to finish eating them. This was my first dessert and lux sweets in over a month. My stomach bloated and I just couldn't eat anymore. Serves me right for being a naughty girl and taking some cake >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment